Spend the day on Wimbee Creek Farm with flowers and friends!
Floral transitions are experienced in this fall workshop as we gather on the farm to enjoy a combination of fresh flowers with dried floral elements. We have created our workshop format with all the precautions related to Covid-19 Social Distancing in place for you to relax and be safe in a wonderful outdoor social setting. The day on the farm is full of activity, learning, creating and dining with flowers at the heart of it all. Here is a look at how the day is organized:
The Floral Arranging Workshop features beautiful garden roses and blooms from the flower field on Wimbee Creek Farm as well as an array of dried blooms, pods, grasses and stems from our fall collection in the flower barn.
- Gather at the Flower Barn for Morning Coffee Break and get ready for some fun!
- Learn about flower farming with a comprehensive tour with farm owners Gary and Maria Baldwin. The couple will take you from the history of the farm and farmhouse to growing annuals to the extensive rose growing operation.
- Relax and enjoy a floral arranging demonstration by one of Charleston’s high end floral design experts! Our guest designers are expanding the knowledge base offered when you take a class in our flower barn.
- Prepare your own creation to take home with you. We’ll provide you with a lovely vase and all the flowers and tools you will need to be as artistic and creative as you want to and we’ll be on hand to help you along the way!
- Enjoy lunch on the back farmhouse deck under the oaks by the water, with all the careful social distance measures possible for a relaxing meal and time of sharing.
- Our camera will be ready to get a photo of your creation for you to share with social media and friends!
We’ll make sure you have a special day to remember on Wimbee Creek Farm!